Interested in automation and AIOps? This beginner’s guide will provide you with practical steps to understand and implement AIOps within your organization. Discover the benefits of AI-powered observability, automated operations, and faster incident management.
1. Better application and system performance through observability
Observability is a crucial tool for achieving better application and system performance. By collecting real-time data, logs, and traces, observability provides a holistic view of your IT environment. Here’s what beginners should know:
- Observability is different from application performance monitoring (APM) as it focuses on understanding applications rather than debugging them.
- Advanced AI algorithms analyze data quickly to identify patterns and anomalies.
- Observability tools can discover unknown conditions and track their relationship to performance issues for faster resolution.
- Using observability early in development helps DevOps teams identify and fix issues before they impact users.
- Observability allows for automatic scaling and proactive monitoring of critical components.
- Observability benefits systems of all sizes by providing early detection of anomalies.
2. Optimization and cost control through automated operations
Automated operations powered by AIOps can help optimize your IT infrastructure, resource allocation, and cloud usage while controlling costs. Here’s what beginners should know:
- AIOps can identify underutilized resources and recommend optimization or shutdown to reduce unnecessary infrastructure costs.
- Automating resource provisioning avoids manual errors and optimizes overall system performance.
- A cloud cost optimization platform enables continuous automation at scale, leading to cost savings and faster innovation.
- FinOps, combining finance and operations, can be included in automations operations for cost savings and trustworthy cloud automation.
- AI-powered operations management solutions also contribute to sustainable IT by reducing waste.
3. Faster incident management and resolution
AIOps platforms automate the detection, analysis, and resolution of incidents, leading to faster incident management. Here’s what beginners should know:
- AI-powered AIOps platforms are replacing traditional incident management, offering a proactive approach.
- AIOps platforms provide a comprehensive view of the entire IT landscape by ingesting and correlating data from various sources.
- Collaboration is enhanced with a single pane of glass view, replacing operational silos and traditional war rooms.
- AIOps platforms can be self-hosted or implemented as a SaaS solution, providing options for organizations of any size.
- Self-hosted options offer more control and customization, while SaaS-based platforms offer ease of implementation and scalability.
Get started with AIOps for your organization
No matter where you are on your digital transformation journey, IBM offers AIOps solutions to help you transition to an AI-powered approach, improve customer experiences, ensure application performance, reduce costs, and tackle challenges in a modern IT environment.
Learn more about IBM AIOps solutions here.
What is the definition of automation?
Automation is the use of technology, programs, robotics, or processes to achieve desired outcomes with minimal human input, surpassing human capabilities.
What is observability in IT?
Observability in IT refers to the collection of real-time data, logs, and traces to create a comprehensive view of the IT environment, enabling better understanding and faster incident resolution.
How does AIOps help with cost optimization?
AIOps analyzes historical and real-time data to make intelligent decisions on resource provisioning, optimizing IT infrastructure and cloud usage, resulting in cost savings.
What is the benefit of using AIOps for incident management?
AIOps automates the detection, analysis, and resolution of incidents, leading to faster mean time to resolution (MTTR) and improved customer satisfaction.